Sunday, November 04, 2007

Mysterious Skin (2004)

Yesterday I watched Mysterious Skin alone. I have seen it earlier but I wanted to see it again since it's one of my favourites. It's very disturbing and sometimes even painful to watch but always totally worth it. This is how the story starts:
The summer I was 8 years old, 5 hours disappeared from my life. 5 hours. Lost. Gone without a trace. Last thing I remember I was sitting on the bench... at my Little League game. It started to rain. What happened after that remains a pitch black void.
Brian thinks that during those lost hours he was abducted by aliens. Even ten years after he keeps having nightmares, nosebleeds and blackouts. He's determined to find out the whole truth. And then there is Neil, former victim of pedophilia and current teenage prostitute. Two boys totally different: one can't remember, the other can't forget. Eventually they discover the truth together.






Trailer (Quicktime HQ)

When I watched this movie for the first time, I didn't see it right from the beginning. I was just surfing through channels until I bumped into this. I just couldn't change the channel anymore. Mysterious Skin was so haunting but yet so beautiful. Day later I downloaded it and watched it trough and it still got my full heart.

And now to the warnings: In Finland this was K-18 (for people aged 18 years and above). So if you're extremely sensitive, simply don't watch this. This movie contains violence, explicit language, child abuse, prostitution and quite vulgar gay sex scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment