Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Latter Days

I haven't write a movie "review" for a while, so I thought it's time to make one. This movie happens to be my all time favourite so I hope you consider watching it.

There are two types of good movies. Some movies are good because of all the money and time they have spent while making it. You know, these Oscar-worthy movies. You go and see them, you feel amazed but afterwards you feel... nothing.

And then there are these movies that weren't supposed to be masterpieces. Just told stories. And sometimes some story hits you hard and changes you. And those movies I call good. It doesn't have to had Scarlet Johansson in it or killer stunts. Sometimes more simple things work.

And Latter Days is one of those more simple movies. It's definitely not a masterpiece but it's something extraordinary. It's a gay romance. Now you're warned. But if you think it's all about gay relationships and that is what makes it so special, you're totally wrong. "It's beautiful. And funny. And good." And a bit heartbreaking too.

Normally I would write something about the plot and characters myself, but this time I use a direct copy from latterdaysmovie.com. I think they say it more clearly:
Christian (Wes Ramsey), a hunky, 20-something, West Hollywood party boy gets more than he bargains for when he tries to seduce 19-year-old Elder Aaron Davis (Steve Sandvoss), a sexually confused Mormon missionary who moves into his apartment complex. When Christian exposes Davis' secret sexual desire, Davis' rejects Christian for being shallow and empty, The encounter shatters each boy's reality and draws the two into a passionate romance that risks destroying their lives. Latter Days is a charming, sexy, and moving tale that will leave you believing in the transformational power of love.


"And what if everything has changed like that... and lions lay down with lambs and colors mix with whites. What if you're the one that I've been waiting for my whole life and I let you go?"

No comments:

Post a Comment