Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Enough Said

I went back to H&M today. To see that violet leopard cardigan again. I seriously thought it would have been nice. But this time I really tried it on. Last time I tried it over my sweater. This time I tried it on a thin tee. And it was not cool. It was itchy and the sleeves were too saggy for me (it was sized 36, but 34 would probably have been too tight from the middle). The quality of it was a bit questionable too.

This fashion thing is really confusing. I remember the times when I had no clue about it. I just tried to copy what those "popular" girls used to wear (with bad or non-existing results). I entered to this girl world only a little while ago. I have always (since 98 actually) liked Lindsay Lohan, and when I started to read stuff about her and to see her pictures, I started also to check what she was wearing. And little later my friend told me about the Glamour Magazine, which totally hooked me. It's much more than just fashion, but the fashion sections are my favorites.

So at the moment I am very aware of the whole fashion thing. I know what is "in" and what is "out". I know what is a "must have" and what is a total "no-no". But knowledge isn't everything. No matter how hard I try, I don't know what I should wear. I mean, seriously, most of those "high" fashion things that are OK in London or so, are not OK here. Everything should be damped down, and I don't know how to do it, and still look "chic".

And I'm a student. And quite frugal too. I can only buy my clothes from H&M or any similar stores because I like to buy quality cosmetics. I know that H&M got a bit bad reputation around here, but all my favourite clothes are from there, and they are still unbroken and in good shape. I really would like to dig in to this fashion thing, but I should have like a mentor or something first. I just suck alone.

I normally stick to just one outfit per time. Just now it is: black v-neck tee under a black v-neck sweater, nearly skinny jeans (they're not as tight as they could/should be, but I have always thought them as a skinny jeans, even though they are probably more just straight ones), and a black scarf with silver lines. Shoes used to be brown flat ones, but I broke them yesterday, so now I use this outfit with brown sandals with wedge heels. Both quite vintage from my mother, so is my black leather bag. Hair I have started to put on the side, it's like the easiest hairdo ever. I also like to use bronze/brown eye-shadows and pendants to polish the look even more. I know this is quite typical (and boring) solution, but it think it works fine with me. Or at least I believe so.

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment