Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas tree

My sister's kids were visiting, and my aunt asked them to decorate the Christmas tree. But I said they were not allowed. They have their own Christmas tree, and I want to decorate ours. I know it's against Christmas spirit and everything, but I really wanted to decorate the tree by myself.

And I did decorate the tree. My mom had bought some new ornament balls. They were silver and red, but we had some old golden ones too. I used them all, even though I knew my mom would hate it. She's not a fan of Christmas decorations, so she wants to keep things simple. And mixing silver, red and gold is not "simple".



I couldn't get a decent picture of the tree. The lighting was all wrong. But I thought that any picture is better than no picture at all. Our tree is a little bit smaller than usually, and we don't have any fancy ornaments. I also took the traditional "stupid dog in a basket" picture, and this time I can post it too! So let me introduce Lissu, the most stupid dog ever:



I also took some pictures of our gnomes. They're absolutely hideous! And that's why I love them, they're so kitsch. I have no idea where they are from, but they're old.


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I absolutely love the gnomes, and your tree doesn't look that bad! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty tree! And a cute dog :)

    ReplyDelete