Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Userscript for Blogger HTML Editor

I always code my blog layouts directly on Blogger's HTML editor. I like it because it allows me to see the changes as I make them (for some reason my Notepad doesn't have that same handy "Preview" button). But there is one notable flaw in the HTML editor: it's too narrow for my taste. I like space when I'm working on a code.

Luckily there is an easy way to make the HTML editor wider and higher: Simply install Greasemonkey add-on to your Firefox browser and then click the link below:

Large HTML Editor for Blogger - Userscript

It's really that easy. And if you need visual proof...

Here is the HTML Editor without Greasemonkey:


Click to enlarge!

And here is the same HTML editor with Greasemonkey on:


Click to enlarge!

Definitely wider and higher! Thanks J.R. for making this custom userscript for me!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo thanks for sharing that! I need space with HTML too...that's an awesome addon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for mentioning! I always wondered why blogger didn't make their html editor larger.

    ReplyDelete