Tuesday, March 11, 2008

From CSS to XHTML

Once again I have nothing to do at work. But I have spent my time wisely.

As you all know, I have been working on a new design for my blog. I guess it was back in October when I first announced it was coming. And ever since I have tried several designs but none of them really suited my blog the way I wanted. But with this current design I have a strong feeling that "this is it". It's different, but not dramatically, and it's very simple and nerdy in a girly way.

But to keep myself extra busy with it, I decided it's time to do Blogger layouts. So today I have been converting my new design from CSS template to XHTML layout. It's been quite easy to do so far, but I have to admit that I'm not so keen on widgets. They make it so WYSIWYG, and since I know how to code things manually I can't stand the idea that something happens simply by clicking a button. I feel as I'm being totally underestimated here! Give me the power!

...But I also have to admit that those widgets are beautiful. They offer a way more functionality and usability than was ever possible with CSS templates. If you're familiar with Blogger blogs with XHTML layouts, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about. But hell, I'm going to miss CSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment