Saturday, January 05, 2008

What goes around comes around

Gazillion years ago (oh the sound of exaggeration) I thought it was a good idea to write a tutorial about how to modify a Blogger template. I knew that I wasn't exactly the right person to do that but I did it anyway. And it still exists and I still find blogs that are using my original example template but of course modified. I know, it should be a good thing since it points out that I wrote a good tutorial and people are like digging it.

But it's not that simple.

The idea was good in general, what I wrote was probably good enough too. But the code I used was crappy. Back then I knew pretty much nothing about CSS. I knew it was used in Blogger templates and how to modify it to get the results you want. But I knew nothing about validation and like web standards and stuff. And it bothers me. A lot. Thank God they always leave me uncredited. Anyway. I've been thinking that I should rewrite the whole shit because obviously I'm not taking it down. No, I should be recoding it and then rewriting it. Totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment